Farewell Findings
I attended a couple farewells today for good friends who are soon entering the MTC. And I learned a few things:
1. I really need to master the skill of not laughing as I offer a public prayer. Even when people burst into the house in the middle of the prayer with grunts expressing how cold it is outside.
2. Sometimes the speaker can call out her boyfriend by name in Sacrament meeting and remind him that she is not leaving until Wednesday. Subtle hints across the pulpit are always . . . fun.
3. My friend Katy has an unnerving ability to appear like she has only one leg.
4. It's really fun to make faces at the baby sitting in front of you, especially when the guy next to you joins in.
5. I'm glad I have 9 weeks in the MTC to learn Russian instead of 6 weeks to learn German.
6. The missionary department hates changing our dates as much as we hate getting them changed. Having to call the stake presidents of 600 missionaries is somewhat of a nightmare.
7. Standing and singing "Called to Serve" with a congregation is powerful. Can't wait to do that in the MTC with hundreds of other missionaries!
8. I can't wait until Wednesday!
1. I really need to master the skill of not laughing as I offer a public prayer. Even when people burst into the house in the middle of the prayer with grunts expressing how cold it is outside.
2. Sometimes the speaker can call out her boyfriend by name in Sacrament meeting and remind him that she is not leaving until Wednesday. Subtle hints across the pulpit are always . . . fun.
3. My friend Katy has an unnerving ability to appear like she has only one leg.
4. It's really fun to make faces at the baby sitting in front of you, especially when the guy next to you joins in.
5. I'm glad I have 9 weeks in the MTC to learn Russian instead of 6 weeks to learn German.
6. The missionary department hates changing our dates as much as we hate getting them changed. Having to call the stake presidents of 600 missionaries is somewhat of a nightmare.
7. Standing and singing "Called to Serve" with a congregation is powerful. Can't wait to do that in the MTC with hundreds of other missionaries!
8. I can't wait until Wednesday!
Comments
Post a Comment