Well, I guess that just happened . . .

I gave my farewell talk today. Like, because I'm leaving. On a mission. For 18 months. Yeah, that. And it feels very unreal - there's no way I'm this grown up already. But at the same time, the fact that I'm leaving on a mission seems even more real than ever. It feels even more real than the night I was drifting off to sleep then suddenly realized I had submitted my mission papers and was actually going on a mission. And even more real than the night I opened my mission call and then couldn't sleep because visions of Ukraine danced in my head. Tonight, now that I've said half my goodbyes, (and you who know me well know how well that goes over . . .) my mission seems more real than ever. I actually am leaving. Soon. And I am excited beyond words.

I had a farewell. I did. I guess I'm all grown up now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Messenger of the Covenant

Memories and Missing

How can an American love both Russia and Ukraine?