That Vast Empire

In 1843, Joseph Smith stated that within the Russian empire "is attached some of the most important things concerning the advancement and building up of the kingdom of God in the last days, which cannot be explained at this time." Wow. If that's not exciting, I don't know what is. I can't wait to go be a part of it.


It is humbling to think that only 25 years ago, nobody dreamed that the USSR would fall and that soon thousands of LDS missionaries would enter those regions. But fall it did, and the former Soviet Union now has many stakes of Zion with strong members and missionaries. As I have heard some of the stories of miracles that have taken place to allow the gospel to spread in the 'Russian empire,' I have been deeply moved and inspired. There have been divine manifestations and many great acts of faith and sacrifice as the kingdom of God has rolled forth in that region of the world. Where once the Iron Curtain of communism kept religion out, is now found a temple of the Lord. The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways to bring about the salvation of his children. 
This little video captures some of the wonder, excitement, and miracles associated with the Lord's work in the former Soviet Union.



I'm excited beyond words to go to Ukraine and build God's kingdom there! I already feel a deep connection to and love for the people of that country, and I am deeply honored and humbled to go participate in this marvelous work that is still just beginning.

Comments

  1. Hey! I was going to post this video on my blog! You beat me to it. But I will still probably post it anyway. It's a great video. I get chills watching it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Messenger of the Covenant

Memories and Missing

How can an American love both Russia and Ukraine?