The top of campus

The bell tower is one of my favorite parts about BYU campus. Hearing "Come, Come, Ye Saints" on the hour has lifted my spirits countless times when school was getting difficult. And noontime and pre-devotional concerts just make me happy. And I will always love the memory of sitting in my freshman apartment listening to the bells play. I feel a deep connection to that white tower that produces the music that has been an integral part of my college life.

A couple months ago, I had the opportunity to climb up the tiny, spiral staircase in the center of the bell tower and play the carillon. (I feel slightly bad for anyone who was down on campus listening while I plunked out a few notes on the keyboard - but I enjoyed it!) I had ascended the bell tower once before, as a child, but this time was different because the bell tower had become a dear friend during my years at BYU.

Cute little red spiral staircase. It's so long that you get kinda dizzy by the time you reach the top.
I fell in love with the view. I think the lower room of the bell tower could be converted into a great apartment . . .

Bean Museum!
It was cool to watch the hammers move as our guide played the bells.


My turn!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Messenger of the Covenant

Memories and Missing

How can an American love both Russia and Ukraine?