Closing a chapter
Despite my best intentions to write several blog posts over the past month, not a single one of them materialized. Which means I'll be playing catch-up now that the cessation of finals has allowed me time to myself. So although they'll be late and probably out of chronological order, those posts will be coming soon.
I'm grateful for the many people I met this semester and those I got to know better. It would take forever to mention them all and what they mean to me, but some people definitely need to be recognized. Like Knesha, Elizabeth, Morgan, Seth, Jordan, Alicia, Pradip, and my other Yellowstone buddies who helped make my first camping trip a success. And my lab partner and good friend Alvin - I always enjoyed our conversations about life as we were waiting for our bacteria to grow. And our other labbie family members: Becca, Stewart, Kristi, and the gang. And Jake and Andrew, my study buddies who helped me not only grasp difficult material but laugh as well. And the friends I made in my classes, like Daniel, Dan, Maddie, Jackie, Michaelann, and the rest. And my coworkers and boss Janene, Toni, and Jill. And especially my wonderful roommates who never cease to buoy me up and help me through everything. Thank you all!
This past semester of college has flown by in a whirlwind of excitement, stress, and wonderful memories. It feels like only yesterday that I was sitting on the floor in o chem on the first day because there weren't enough seats in the auditorium. Now that it's over, it's hard to believe that I actually learned all those reactions and mechanisms. Those late nights with Harold seem so blurred together and I'm amazed at how much I accomplished this semester because it seems so short. But every single midterm took place and every paper was written - somewhere in there. And I learned a ton.
I'm grateful for the many people I met this semester and those I got to know better. It would take forever to mention them all and what they mean to me, but some people definitely need to be recognized. Like Knesha, Elizabeth, Morgan, Seth, Jordan, Alicia, Pradip, and my other Yellowstone buddies who helped make my first camping trip a success. And my lab partner and good friend Alvin - I always enjoyed our conversations about life as we were waiting for our bacteria to grow. And our other labbie family members: Becca, Stewart, Kristi, and the gang. And Jake and Andrew, my study buddies who helped me not only grasp difficult material but laugh as well. And the friends I made in my classes, like Daniel, Dan, Maddie, Jackie, Michaelann, and the rest. And my coworkers and boss Janene, Toni, and Jill. And especially my wonderful roommates who never cease to buoy me up and help me through everything. Thank you all!
It's hard to believe that I'm done with school for 19 months. While I'm sad to be leaving BYU for a little while, I am incredibly excited to be entering the MTC in just over a month. I have no doubt that is going to be an incredible chapter in my life, and I can't wait to embark upon it. And I'm definitely happy to not have to take another final for two years!
Comments
Post a Comment