To a Glorious Fourth

As someone whose heroes growing up were George Washington and Patrick Henry, and whose favorite movie for years was "A More Perfect Union," I have a special place in my heart for this day of the year (as, I'm sure, do most Americans). There's nothing quite like barbecuing, spending time with family,
Oh, cute! We all match . . . definitely one of the most popular shirts in Provo today. :)

. . . parade-going,
Yes, he did wave to me. Warm fuzzies.



. . . or balloon watching (although this was earlier this weekend for me).

Darth Vader . . . 
 . . . with his attendant crew of friendly neighborhood
Storm Troopers usw.







But even more than that, today's a day of remembering, reflecting, and rejoicing. I firmly believe that the establishment of America as a nation and her success to the present day is nothing short of a miracle. And a miracle with a purpose, at that. (If you're looking for a good article on God's hand in America's beginnings and purpose, take a look at Mark Peterson's The Great Prologue. Also check out the book by the same author and with the same title.)

With millions of others, I add my prayer that God will bless America, land that I love - stand beside her and guide her through the night with a light from above. This He truly has done for 235 years, and, based on our faithfulness to Him and our nation's founding principles, I have no doubt He will long continue to do so. The strength and vision of our forebears, under the direction of God, has placed in our hands the America of today. Let us honor that heritage, rejoice in our freedom, and fight to preserve America as the land of the free.

May your Independence Day be filled with rejoicing in the miracle of the Glorious Fourth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Messenger of the Covenant

Memories and Missing

How can an American love both Russia and Ukraine?