Thanks, Harry
Dear Harry Potter,
I realize that you may not remember me, and if I'm honest with myself, I'll admit that there's no way The Chosen One would ever condescend to read my humble blog. (And, keep it a secret, but some people don't even believe in you! But I'm not one of them, Harry! Don't you worry.) But, hopefully without sounding too creepy, I want you to know that I know all about you. In fact, I've been following the unfolding events of your life for years. I know all about you sneaking out of bed after hours. And Hogsmeade - don't think I didn't see that. Yeah, and I even was spying on you when you and Cho snogged. I just know most of everything you tried to keep secret. No big deal.
Now that I sound like the creeper of the century, let me just thank you for over a decade of entertainment and insight. The first time we met, it was in my third grade classroom, remember? My teacher was sitting in that weird chair shaped like a hand and she read me all about your first three years at Hogwarts. I loved it! I enthralled by your crazy, brash, and unrealistic adventures that were somehow so real to me. Then you and I parted ways for a number of years. (I think that was really what brought on your teenage wizard angst, wasn't it? You missed me.) But I came back and devoured the rest of your stories. I cried for you when you lost Sirius, the only family you ever knew. But at the same time, I was super mad at you! Why didn't you just use the mirror he gave you! Honestly, boy - there's a definite reason you were not put in Ravenclaw. But that aside, I was rooting for you the whole time, even when you were obnoxious. And selfish. And a jerk. And dumb. Really, though, I was on your side.
Congratulations on your recent defeat of Voldemort. I must say, I was quite excited for you! (So excited, in fact, that I wouldn't have ignored you as you walked through the Great Hall after killing the Dark Lord, as did everybody else at Hogwarts. There's gratitude for you. But me, I'm a true friend, Harry. I would've joined your celebration.) I even stayed up super late last Thursday to watch the final scenes unfold! Thanks for that opportunity you gave us to celebrate not only your life, but also the eventual triumph of good over evil. I enjoyed the excitement as hundreds of us as your devoted friends and fans waited until midnight to watch you act out the battle we already knew (and always had known) you would win. Way to be - I was quite proud of your selflessness and courage. You've learned a lot since I've met you. And so have I - some of it from you.
So thanks, Harry. It's been a wonderful journey. It was great to grow up with you. (Although you pulled out ahead on that race and you've got me beat by about sixteen years now. Figure that one out.) I'll miss you now that you've defeated Voldemort and are no longer in the limelight. Say hello to James and Albus for me. And keep in touch! (You're magic - you could do it somehow.)
Your devoted friend,
Sharisa Nay
I realize that you may not remember me, and if I'm honest with myself, I'll admit that there's no way The Chosen One would ever condescend to read my humble blog. (And, keep it a secret, but some people don't even believe in you! But I'm not one of them, Harry! Don't you worry.) But, hopefully without sounding too creepy, I want you to know that I know all about you. In fact, I've been following the unfolding events of your life for years. I know all about you sneaking out of bed after hours. And Hogsmeade - don't think I didn't see that. Yeah, and I even was spying on you when you and Cho snogged. I just know most of everything you tried to keep secret. No big deal.
Now that I sound like the creeper of the century, let me just thank you for over a decade of entertainment and insight. The first time we met, it was in my third grade classroom, remember? My teacher was sitting in that weird chair shaped like a hand and she read me all about your first three years at Hogwarts. I loved it! I enthralled by your crazy, brash, and unrealistic adventures that were somehow so real to me. Then you and I parted ways for a number of years. (I think that was really what brought on your teenage wizard angst, wasn't it? You missed me.) But I came back and devoured the rest of your stories. I cried for you when you lost Sirius, the only family you ever knew. But at the same time, I was super mad at you! Why didn't you just use the mirror he gave you! Honestly, boy - there's a definite reason you were not put in Ravenclaw. But that aside, I was rooting for you the whole time, even when you were obnoxious. And selfish. And a jerk. And dumb. Really, though, I was on your side.
Congratulations on your recent defeat of Voldemort. I must say, I was quite excited for you! (So excited, in fact, that I wouldn't have ignored you as you walked through the Great Hall after killing the Dark Lord, as did everybody else at Hogwarts. There's gratitude for you. But me, I'm a true friend, Harry. I would've joined your celebration.) I even stayed up super late last Thursday to watch the final scenes unfold! Thanks for that opportunity you gave us to celebrate not only your life, but also the eventual triumph of good over evil. I enjoyed the excitement as hundreds of us as your devoted friends and fans waited until midnight to watch you act out the battle we already knew (and always had known) you would win. Way to be - I was quite proud of your selflessness and courage. You've learned a lot since I've met you. And so have I - some of it from you.
So thanks, Harry. It's been a wonderful journey. It was great to grow up with you. (Although you pulled out ahead on that race and you've got me beat by about sixteen years now. Figure that one out.) I'll miss you now that you've defeated Voldemort and are no longer in the limelight. Say hello to James and Albus for me. And keep in touch! (You're magic - you could do it somehow.)
Your devoted friend,
Sharisa Nay
Comments
Post a Comment