Happy New Year! - Conclusions and Commencements
Soon after the end of the year also comes the end of Christmas break. Both have been wonderful, so both warrant a list of awesomeness on my blog.
First, Why 2010 Was Awesome
- I finally decided on my major of molecular biology. Now if I can just figure out what to do with my life...
- I started doing research in Dr. Jellen’s lab. I’m sure you’re all losing sleep at night, wondering how one extracts DNA from amaranth, so if that’s you, just let me know and I’ll set you straight.
- I met a lot of awesome people that influenced my life. It would take too long to list them all here, and then I would probably inadvertently leave someone off, and I learned from Sleeping Beauty that it’s generally bad to forget people. So I won’t list you all here – but I think you all know who you are, so thank you.
- I had the best roommates in the world! Megan, Melissa, Michelle, and Allison – incredible women who have each touched my life. I quite loved our epic adventures Fall 2010, ranging from forts, to snowball fights inside, to cookies parties, to late night discussions, to changing our names.
- BYU continued to be wonderful.
- And a million awesome things happened that would probably take about a year to write about. Indeed.
Why Christmas Break Was Awesome
- Celebrating Christmas with my family! Best ever.
- Hanging out with high school friends. They’re such a great bunch of kids, and I’m grateful to know them. And I don’t really know why, but playing the name game with them just makes me laugh so hard. Good times!
- Seeing my high school band director again. Mr. Smith is basically the greatest band director ever. I mean, were it not for him, I wouldn’t know how to give a proper funeral to my dead appliances.
- Playing with little kids. There aren’t a lot of little ones in my college classes, so it was super entertaining to hang out with children again. I helped my mom out with her Primary class one Sunday this break, and I totally fell in love with the five-year-olds. (Especially when one girl asked if it was a “slow” Sunday or a “fast” one.) Mr. Smith also brought his little kids to our party, and we made friends. His almost-three-year-old girl and I had some pretty epic adventures around the church building.
- Reading and writing for fun. ‘Nuff said.
- Hanging out with my family. They’re awesome. J I finally won a game of Monopoly cards against them, which was quite fulfilling. Then my little brother basically blew me away by putting a game he made on the Apple store over 17,000 people downloaded it in one day. Yeah, that’s what I thought, too – wow. My whole family is pretty much amazing like that. Well, not exactly like that – they don’t all have apps in the store. But they’re all super smart and awesome and it was great to spend a couple weeks with them.
Hooray for life! J
Comments
Post a Comment