Merry Christmas!


Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity of attending church in the Bogatoye branch. I'd heard a lot about this little branch of 15 people from Sister Bates who has told me that one day they're just going to get translated, so I was excited to meet them. And after having been there, I am of the same opinion on the translation discussion. These faithful members in the little village about an hour outside of Simferopol are incredible! They are so stalwart in the gospel. And so kind. I quite love them. 

Also yesterday was the Simferopol branch Christmas party. (They're very kind to the missionaries and did it corresponding the date of American Christmas instead of Ukrainian Christmas.) That was honestly one of the happiest moments of my life! It's difficult to top listening to the Christmas story and Christmas songs surrounded by some of your favorite Ukrainian people. Also, I was the luckiest person in the entire room, because the four Primary children invited me to sit at their table. :) Best ever. I almost cried several times as I looked at these little children, talked with them, and laughed with them - this is the future of the Church in Ukraine! And I love them so much.

I am deeply grateful for the birth of our dear Savior and for all that His life and Atonement mean to me. He is the greatest Gift which the world has ever received, and I rejoice that mine is the opportunity right now to bear witness of His name. I know that His Atonement is powerful enough to heal any hurt, any sin, any pain. He truly is the Son of the Living God, and I love Him with all of my heart. I am grateful that we have this time of year to remember Him more deeply and focus more completely on the magnitude of His life and atoning sacrifice. And I am grateful He has allowed me to be at Ukraine at this season of the year and of my life, bearing witness of His holy name. I know He lives.  

Merry Christmas! I hope that each of you has a wonderful season as we celebrate the birth of Him who gave us all.

-Sharisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Messenger of the Covenant

Memories and Missing

How can an American love both Russia and Ukraine?