The Messenger of the Covenant
Recently I’ve been studying (at President Nelson’s invitation) about God’s covenants to Israel as well as each passage in the scriptures about Christ. As Christmas approached, I found a beautiful intersection of my two courses of study: Christ is the “messenger of the covenant” (Mal. 3:1). For some reason this phrase struck me deeply. Christ is the embodiment and fulfillment of God’s promises to His covenant people. This poem tries to capture some of the wonder and gratitude I feel for the tiny Babe in Bethlehem who came to fulfill God’s promises to all mankind. Millenia of promises From God to His children Lay swaddled in a manger That night in Bethlehem. The incarnate fulfillment Of ancient covenants Was cradled by his mother Under heaven’s broad expanse. God had promised love, And hope and resurrection; Forgiveness, joy, and family; Healing and protection: Those promises all came to pass Through Christ our Heavenly...

Comments
Post a Comment