The Change of the Seasons

Pretty sure fall is my favorite time of the year. Something about the smell of leaves and the sound they make as I tread through them the way to class makes me feel alive. There is a crispness to the air, and I can't help but be filled with wonder and gratitude at the majesty of God's creations. Part of me wants to capture these beautiful autumn moments and never let winter come, but I realize that the beauty of fall is partially due to its transience, for if leaves were always a fiery red, we'd miss the green. And even the snow. But for these brief months when the mountains are aflame with color and the air is rich with the smell of leaves, I want to soak in every moment. 

When I returned from Yellowstone in mid-September, I was shocked to see a that the mountains I had left perfectly green now had a few red trees. I was a little put out with Provo for changing while I was gone, so I determined not to miss another moment of fall's transition. For the past month and a half (sans one day), I've taken a picture of the mountains I see each day as I walk home. This video compiles those photos, capturing the changing of the seasons. Combined with Lyle Hadlock's arrangement of "All Creatures of Our God and King," it expresses my gratitude and wonder for the beautiful gift God has given us called fall.



Comments

  1. Aww, Sharisa, I loved this. :) I've reeeeally missed fall this year. The temperatures for "fall" have been anywhere from the high 60s to the low 90s. The leaves change from green to brown with extremely little (if any) color in between. While Texas' fall has its own kind of beauty, I miss the beauties of Utah in the fall. Thanks for putting a little piece of home on the internet. :)
    Also, as I read the first paragraph, I couldn't help but think of how your thoughts relate to different stages in life. In my mind there is a relation between autumn and elderly people who have lived full lives and, in their later years, can relish the beauty of the moment, living full lives until their winter comes. It just makes me want to live a full life so that when I'm living in the autumn of my life, I can relish it as deeply as others have, just like a crisp, cool autumn day that makes me smile.
    Anyway, just my thoughts. Thanks again for sharing yours! I hope you're well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting that. The video is wonderful--a splendid idea and well executed. It makes me even more grateful to live in this beautiful valley with the majestic mountains and four unique seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Messenger of the Covenant

Memories and Missing

How can an American love both Russia and Ukraine?