Well, it rather looks as though someone forgot that she had a blog for the past three months. About that. . . I suppose that means a little recap of my recent life is now expedient.
Winter semester ended, and as I removed my petri dishes from the microbiology incubator and fridge, I felt almost as if I were in elementary school again cleaning out my desk before the summer break. Ah, the bittersweet feeling of leaving behind friends (and bacteria...) for the summer break. Spring term then began with its attendant warp-speed acquisition of knowledge. That was a definite learning and stretching experience for me as I read nigh unto a thousand books and made many good friends (some of whom had an epic muffin/study party with me).
 |
| Me, Becca, Emily, Becca, and Christina with our muffins of awesomeness! |
Allison and I made chocolate cupcakes with cream filling and chocolate frosting - all from scratch. Yep. I was impressed. Good times.
 |
| The frosting was super delicious. |
I hiked the Y with my roommates. Not from the parking lot at the base of the trail - no, we were legit and started from our apartment. We own that mountain!
Melissa and I went to the Ducky Derby! Rubber duckies, a gorgeous day, the thrill of a race - what more could you want?
 |
| Rubber ducky, you're the one! 'Tis true. |
There is an eloquence I cannot capture in the blossoms and flowers that bloom each spring. When I see the new life they possess, my own soul is infused with life and joy. I relished the flowers . . .
 |
| on campus . . . |
 |
| . . . at Thanksgiving Point . . . |
 |
| . . . and at the Provo temple. |
Gold truly is nature's hardest hue to hold, and I love those brief weeks when the world sings with new life. I just wanted to bottle it somehow and keep the beauty forever! Good thing we have cameras.
On a beautiful spring morning, my best friend, Megan, and I hiked Rock Canyon. To put it quite simply, I'm in love with mountains.
 |
| You can't see it, but we're sitting on an epic rock that looks like Noah's ark. If the Provo River had been a bit higher right behind us, we might've actually needed one. |
After our nature adventure, we chilled with our buddy Clifford at the Utah book festival. Part of me wants to obtain such a costume.
 |
| Toll, nicht wahr? |
Last week, I went to The Scarlet Pimpernel" with Megan and her family. It's definitely one of my favorite stories ever written! It makes me want to save the world. And possibly fall in love. I'm not sure in which order.
 |
| Excited to see the musical! |
The next night my family went to "Singin' in the Rain." I may or may not be in love with Cosmo. Between him and Percy, my heart is well nigh taken.
Now that spring term has also come to a close, granting me an opportunity to breathe, there is a distinct possibility it will not be three months before I blog again. We shall see.
Yay! A post! :D
ReplyDelete